Welcome to the CISE REU Toolkit!
This Toolkit was designed to assist CISE REU Site Principal Investigators in fulfilling reporting and research goals and is funded by the National Science Foundation. The Toolkit contents have emerged from a collective effort of the CISE REU PI community as a means of facilitating NSF reporting and proposals, as well as strengthening research about REU site outcomes. Toolkit content is intended to provide guidelines and a resource for support; it is not intended to provide strict rules of reporting and evaluation. The Toolkit is modified and updated on an ongoing basis as new materials become available and new topics become of interest to the CISE REU PI community. Your input is welcome; click on the Give Feedback button to submit your comments and suggestions. This site is sponsored by the National Science Foundation, grant # 1346847 and #1645846.
Alumni Tracking Tool- NOW AVAILABLE
- The Alumni Tracking Tool operates similarly to the Common Application: it's a standardized form, that can be customized. Site responses are only viewable by the Site PI, and Rorrer.
- To view the standardized form to see the items, click here.
- To comment on the tracking tool and provide suggestions, please email email@example.com.
- To request a tracker for your site, please complete this form; you'll receive a response within 2-5 business days. The launch will begin in June 2018.
A la Carte Student Survey
CISE REU PIs receive invitations to use the student survey in April each year, which is deployed in summer. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.
To see the Full Survey, click here. To view details about the survey modules, visit the A la Carte Student Survey section on the left menu bar of this toolkit.
Data packages from the summer survey deployment are distributed to institution PIs, in August and September.
Common Applications Launched
- The 2019 Common Applications will begin launch in fall 2018; site PIs will receive an email invitation to participate.
- To establish the common application for your REU site, please complete this form; you'll receive a response within 2-5 business days.
- All PIs were sent a link to the SHARED APPLICANT POOL for 2018; contact Audrey Rorrer with questions.